In 2013, the TV series Game of Thrones filmed in Split, Croatia for the first time. One of my clients, whom already owned a tour agency, added a tour of all the filming locations in and around Split where Game of Thrones was shot. As the nature of this new tour differed greatly from the rest of his catalog, the owner wanted a WordPress site focused solely on this experience.
For this site, the primary goal was to drive customers through the conversion funnel. To do that, the site was designed to garner trust and provide as much information as possible to make the customer feel comfortable in making a purchase.
In addition to development of the site, the client also requested the integration of search engine optimization tactics including cross linking, keyword evaluation, image optimization and carefully crafted meta data. The site is now at the top of Google search results across multiple searches and is pulling in 4,000 unique visitors on a monthly basis and rising.
What I Did
- WordPress and WooCommerce set up
- Customization of theme based on client requirements
- Integrated booking engine and pay merchants PayPal and Stripe
- Organized and incorporated client content including text and imagery
- Search engine optimization – Site is now at the top of Google search results
- Ongoing maintenance
- Hosting on my server network