When I first met this client, he was running a successful ad network for literary blogs. To take the business one step further, the client wanted to create his own blogging platform using WPMU’s Pro Sites. Within this Pro Sites framework, he wanted to allow literary bloggers to set up their own blog with a custom subdomain for free. As the owner of the network, he could then place advertisements in the header and sidebar of each user’s blog.
What I Did
- Worpress installation set up
- Integrated and configured various WPMU tools to create an edublogs-like Pro Sites architecture
- Installed a library of themes, which users could choose from for use on their blogs
- Configured domain mapping and reselling capability using eNom
- Set up of main sign up site using client-provided content